Wave of Darkness Gameplay
Open, large and rich fantasy game world
- Streaming technology enables playing without any loading screens. All data seamlessly loads in background.
- Travel through one large continent.
- Explore hundreds of unique locations (dungeons, forts, camps, cemeteries, docks, mountains, canyons, flying islands, swamps, temples, shrines etc.)
- Fight your way through more than 20 dungeons, caves, crypts, mausoleums and catacombs and rest in 3 cities - Human, Elven and Danian
- 150+ types of wild creatures and monsters that drop several loots so you stand a good chance of getting multiple valuable items
- Adaptable creature AI: depending whether it is day or night, creatures spawn and act differently. Weather conditions also influence a monster's behavior
- Players are free to move in this non linear world, in any direction they choose. As long as they have the necessary items or skills to survive in the field
- numerous quests, hundreds of NPCs
Free character development
- Combat and magic: A combination of Knight and Mage will work together without class restrictions and players have a wide choice of weapons or spells, they are able to use in combat
- Choose among 3 different races - Human, Elf and Danian and 2 genders - male or female
- Each character has 5 ability scores - strength, dexterity, vitality, intelligence, charisma and 7 resistance scores - fire, electric, cold, acid, poison, disease and magic
Combat and survival in the land of Narr
- Discover different ways to use and combine more than 35 combat, creature lore, crafting, gathering, resistance and devotion skills
- Severable body parts: Every enemy in the game; monster, flying creature or human bandit, can lose a leg, an arm, head or other body parts, intensifying the experience of the battles
- A complex crafting system with over 25.000 usable items, allows you to make everything from food, metal, wood, stone, leather to weapons and fashion armors
- Powerful spell creation system gives unlimited possibilities and easy use, if you have magic runes. Just drag them to the slots in the spell panel. Name them, give a representing icon and level (faith consumption). Click create and your magic icon will appear in the inventory. Then drag a spell into one of the slots.
- "Identify Item" feature: Players will find magical items that have to be identified in oracle shrines scattered throughout the world to discover the item's unique properties
- Unlocking System with Runes: using specific runes players can interactively unlock and activate locked chests or crates and other mechanisms in the game
- System of sacrifices: The 3 gods; Perun, Veles and Svarog each have their own shrines throughout the continent. Activating a shrine opens the sacrifice panel with options to sacrifice items and gain divine favours