1. What are the requirements for people who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?
All persons must be willing to learn. This is absolute must. Legends of Dawn and our future games use proprietary engine and engine is constantly upgraded with new features. This requires constant learning and adapting.
Good teamwork and communication skills are also required. For example: when creating new 3D models, lead artist determines generic layout of the model and creates basic concept design. 3D modelers are required to create those models which are then passed to 2D artist who creates textures and materials for them. All models are then integrated into entities and then sent to level editors to place them on the map. In order for this to work, all persons involved must communicate frequently.
2. What are the requirements for game programmers who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?
All new programmers must meet following requirements:
Generic C/C++ knowledge is must. Each candidate must have very good knowledge about classes, abstraction, inheritance, serialization, templates, COM objects and Win32 API.
Programmers who wish to specialize in graphics must have good understanding of DirectX (either 9 or 10/11). Vertex and pixel shader programming is absolute must. Programmers must know math behind the various shading types (Phong, Phong-Blinn). Programmers who specialize in graphics also must have good understanding of GDI. Our editors are used to create materials and to add various graphics effects to entities. Graphics programmer job is to integrate new graphics effects into rendering pipeline and to create front-end GUI for editing of those effects.
Programmers who wish to specialize in generic programming must have good understanding of at least three of the following areas: artificial intelligence and pathfinding, scripting, audio programming, network programming, physics, tools, GUI and user interface implementation.
3. What are the requirements for scripters who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?
- Entire game logic is created in proprietary node based scripting language. All candidates must learn it. Scripting generally falls in three categories: quest scripts, mini-games/puzzles and generic scripting. Basic understanding of object oriented programming is required. You must understand events, classes and functions.
4. What are the requirements for modelers who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?
5. What are the requirements for 2D artists who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?
6. What are the requirements for animators who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?
7. What are the requirements for world/level editors who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?
8. What are the requirements for sound artists who want to work for Dreamatrix Game Studios?